History:

The original sheep abattoir was sited at East Petherwin farm, South Petherwin in 1903.


H R Jasper & Son was formed in 1930 by Harold Jasper at East Petherwin Farm.

As the business began to expand, in 1960 the business was moved to a new site at Botathan Farm.


The business was turned into a limited company by his son Graham Jasper (the present Chairman)

In 1972.

Graham’s sons, Keith and David Jasper are also Directors of the company,

Keith Jasper is currently the Managing Director of H R Jasper & Son Ltd.


The present site was extended in 1976 and in 1992 the site was remodelled as demand for lamb

began to outstrip the existing slaughtering capacity. A new slaughter line was redesigned together

with a new chiller and loading bay.


The company employs approximately 90 staff together with 5 cleaning staff working on a night shift.


All products are sold wholesale, chilled and distributed through the company’s own transport fleet.


The abattoir is licensed to EC standards and carries the number 8113.


The company has BRC grade A accreditation, ABM accreditation and complies with the Quality

standard set by Eblex.